Monday, February 13, 2006

Putting it all into practice

A wonderful previous f2f student of mine from Spain has decided to join me on the journey of blogging to learn English. We've been corresponding by email since she finished my classes last year and we have now added Blogger to our belt.

Since we are just starting out I will give her written topics about once a week which she will write about and reply to me in a Word document. I then return it to her with suggestions for corrections but not specifically corrected. She then self-corrects her work and puts it up our blog. It is a starting point and we can take it from there as I learn to teach online and she learns about learning online. Podcasts and web quests are on the horizon but we aren't there yet. Baby steps so to speak.

A current f2f 1-2-1 student of mine called Karolina is also interested in trying blogging out for her written skills as she wants to do her CAE soon.

All very exciting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

This sounds like fun! When you get it up and running, let us know the URL so we can check it out!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home